Easter Beading

 Creating designs for Easter is something new for me. While I was planning content for On A String, it seemed logical to build and create a focus on Easter, given it happens every year, it's a holiday season, and generally a time to spend with friends and family. I've focused on two areas for Easter - designs and colours. 

So this year, I focused on creating a beaded Easter Egg, which is just perfect for gifting, particularly if you don't want to give chocolate - although that is probably something I'll do anyway. 

The egg frame I've used is a simple polystyrene craft egg, available from Spotlight, and just the right size and weight to bead around. 

Using a range of beading techniques - netting and peyote stitch - and with a handy tip on how to start your piece with double sided tape -this beaded Easter Egg - which I'm calling 'Hippity Hoppity' is perfect for a beginner learning to bead. A tutorial for 'Hippity Hoppity' is available on my website, so check it out.

Other ideas to celebrate Easter include creating a brooch, featuring a flower basket or easter bonnet - which would develop really nicely with bead embroidery techniques, bugle beads and tiny Czech glass flowers - hopefully I'll have time to get it done for Easter. 

I'm also thinking of expanding my 'Carrier Bead' range - currently I have a range of Christmas themed carrier beads - but I think these translate really well to Easter as well - bunnies, eggs, chickens and flowers.

Easter also lends itself to celebrating pastel tones - pale pink, blue, yellow and green are definitely reminiscent of Easter and colours that blend well together and are super complementary. A touch of silver or gold will accent these really well. This colour wheel from Pinterest is a great way to see how pastel colours can shine 

https://pin.it/4KNNTij

Happy Easter - however you celebrate this time of year! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autumn Colours in Beading

My Beading Journal

Summer Holidays mean Beading Time